This trip costs £2395 plus US$1165 local payment.
The words 'Cairo to Cape Town' conjure up images
of African expeditions from days of old. Even
today there are a multitude of challenges that
this vast continent can throw at you. Desert,
river, & mountain crossings are inter-twined with
stunning National Parks & some of the best
adrenaline fuelled activities & playgrounds in the
Our route takes us through Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia,
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique,
Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
Travel is in our custom built expedition truck and
we camp along the way, sometimes in campsites and
sometimes bush camping without showers or loos!
As part of this adventure you will be expected to
have an active involvement in the day to day
running of the trip, be part of the group and get
stuck in and help with various tasks, whether it's
cooking meals over open fires, pitching your tent
or keeping the truck clean and tidy.
|Days 1 to 6 Egypt
• Cairo - Day tour to the Pyramids + Sphinx at Giza and the Egyptian History Museum (accompanied by an Egyptologist guide)
• Red Sea Coast - relax on the beach for a couple of days or try your hand at various watersports such as snorkelling, windsurfing or scuba diving in the cool clear blue waters of the Red Sea.
• Luxor - take a day tour to the Valley of Kings & Workers, also visit Karnak & Luxor Temples
|Days 7 to 13 • 2 day traditional felucca sailboat cruise to Edfu & Kom Ombo.
• Aswan - stroll along the corniche, visit the temple at Philae or Elephantine Island.
• Abu Simbel - visit the great stone monuments of Ramses II.
• Ferry across Lake Nasser to Wadi Halfa
|Days 14 to 19 Sudan
• Follow piste tracks through the Nubian Desert.
• Pyramids at Meroe
• Khartoum, the capital.
• Visit Hamed al Nil Tomb - experience the largest market in Sudan: Omdurman Souq, as well as visit the daily camel market or take a boat trip on the Nile.
|Days 20 to 36 Ethiopia
• Gondar - take a trip to the holy city of Axum.
• Bahir Dar - organise a trip to the 12th century rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, or a boat out onto Lake Tana with monasteries dating back 900 years.
• Blue Nile Gorge
• Addis Ababa, the capital.
|Days 37 to 56 • East Africa Rift Valley
Kenya - arduous northern Kenyan roads.
• Kampala - Uganda's capital, take a city tour or visit a Chimpanzee Sanctuary on Lake Victoria.
• Mountain Gorilla trek - in Rwanda or Uganda. Trek to see these amazing creatures, the closest species related to man.
- Trips that trek in Rwanda include a visit to the Genocide Memorial.
- Trips that trek in Uganda include a visit to Lake Bunyoni and activities.
• Jinja & Bujagali Falls - the source of the Nile, whitewater rafting, quad biking or visit a local school & orphanage that Oasis sponsors.
• Lake Nakuru National Park - games drives to spot lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino & flamingo.
• Visit either Crater Lake Game Sanctuary or Hells Gate National Park (walk through or hire mountain bikes - the only park in Kenya where this is permitted).
• Elsamere - visit the home of Joy Adamson & Elsa the lion, of Born Free fame.
|Days 57 to 58 • Free time in Nairobi, visit Langata Giraffe Centre, Nairobi National park, or an Elephant orphanage.
|Days 59 to 71 Tanzania, Arusha.
• Ngorongoro Crater & Manyara National Park - jeep wildlife safari.
• Serengeti National Park - continue on after Ngorongoro to see cheetah, leopard, lion, wildebeest, giraffe, elephant, hippos & zebra.
• Maasai Village Tour - back at camp in Arusha.
• Marangu - Foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro - you have the opportunity to hike up to Base camp, or walk through the pleasant surroundings visiting waterfalls and rivers in the area.
• Dar Es Salaam - bbq on the Indian Ocean coast.
• Zanzibar Island - Stone Town & spice tour, swim with dolphins, snorkel, scuba dive & serious beach time!
• Mikumi National Park - spot giraffe, zebra, elephant, buffalo from the roadside.
|Days 72 to 81 Malawi - described as the warm heart of Africa.
• Lake Malawi - windsurf, scuba dive along with other water sports, horse riding, school visits, village meals & craft markets.
• Lilongwe (the capital).
Mozambique - travel the Tete corridor.
• Eastern Highlands - Chimanimani National Park or Vumba Gardens - hike through this vast mountain wilderness area bordering Mozambique or visit bridal veil falls, enjoy the surrounding scenery from this sleepy village.
• Antelope Park - a privately run game ranch - game viewing on elephant and horseback & walk with lion cubs!
|Days 82 to 88 • Great Zimbabwe Ruins
• Bulawayo, Matobo National Park - game walks to spot Black Rhino & many other game.
• Cecil Rhodes' grave & Ancient Rock Paintings
• Victoria Falls - view these spectacular falls from Zimbabwe or Zambia, and try your hand at grade 5 whitewater rafting, and kayaking trips. Something for all - Flight of Angels (microlite or helicopter), sunset cruises, gorge swing, abseil, bungy jump, jet boating and more! - Adrenaline Heaven.
|Days 89 to 102 Botswana
• Chobe National Park - river game cruise.
• Okavango Delta - 2 night mokoro canoe trip on the delta to spot elephant, crocodile, hippo, buffalo, zebra plus more.
• Etosha National Park - game drive by day & relax at floodlit water holes by night to spot rhino, elephant, giraffe, lion, leopard amongst a horde of other wildlife.
• Cheetah park - an up close & personal experience with these amazing cats.
• Brandberg Mountains in Demaraland.
|Days 103 to 114 • Cape Cross Seal colony
• Spitzkoppe rock formations.
• Swakopmund - deep sea fishing, quad biking, dune sledding, tandem sky diving, horse riding, desert flights and more!
• Namib-Naukluft Park & Sossusvlei - the world's highest sand dunes.
• Fish River Canyon - Africa's Grand Canyon.
• Cape Agulhas - Africa's most southerly point.
• Cape Town - take a trip out to Robben Island, dive with sharks or take a cable car up or abseil down Table Mountain, experience the great night life plus much much more!!
for more information about Oasis Overland
Click Here >>
||Join our 16 week overland adventure through Africa,
travelling along a legendary route from days of old.
Visit Our Website >>
Holiday valid to
31 December 2013
Price Includes All transport on Oasis Expedition Truck - All
Camping fees - Camping and Cooking gear - 3 meals
per day while travelling (2 in towns) - Services
of Oasis Crew - Pyramids and Sphinx day tour &
guide - Lake Nasser Ferry - Lake Nakuru National
Park - Lake Naivasha - Marangu (the foothills of
Mt Kilimanjaro) - Mikumi National Park -
Chimanimani Nat. Park or Vumba Gardens - Private
Game Ranch -
Chobe National Park - Etosha National Park -
Cheetah Park - Sossusvlei Sand Dunes - Fish River
Canyon - Cape Cross Seal Colony - Spitzkoppe Rock
formations - Cape Agulhas
Price Excludes Local Payment of US$1165 - Visas (depending on
nationality most can be obtained en route) - Meals
taken while in hotels/hostels - Optional
excursions as listed in the pre-departure
information - Airport Taxes & Transfers - Travel
Insurance - Drinks - Flights - Tips